Sunday 6 April 2014

Mini Midi Mention

This is just a little piece I put together for my first day of an Introduction to Fashion Journalism course I started this week at Central Saint Martins, London. So far its been a great experience and I've learnt a lot about the industry including how to break in and survival tips. In face I owe the very inception of this blog (I hope) you kind people are reading, to my tutor. She's fab.
The midi skirt is an indispensable item to those of us whose fashion etiquette is ultimately characterised by a fuller figure. Whilst the mini poses a risk of over-exposure and the maxi tends makes an average length body look hideously elfin the midi provides the perfect compromise to accentuate curves and achieve a sexy but sophisticated look (even if I do say so myself). Obviously this is not the case for every girl, but its certainly become one of my favourite trends to resurface. This year, more of the A-line midis are sure to be a big hit, but I'm still holding onto the slim-fit swing for as long as I can! 

Topshop Tartan Midi - £24 & Sunglasses -  £16
Asos Ribbed Crop Turtle neck - £14


You might have also seen some of these photos on meenameansme.blogspot.co.uk --> a good friend and fellow fashion enthusiast. She is staying with me a while whilst we attend the course together. So you'l probably see us mentioning each other from time to time. 

Let me know what you think of the look!

Brie. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment